Tuesday, October 22, 2013

WHERE'S YOUR HEAD?
A few months ago my father was diagnosed with metastatic liver cancer. It originated in the liver but had already spread to bone, and lymph. The first thing my Army son did was call his Pappaw and ask, "Where's your head in all of this?" They talked about God being in control, staying positive, and being strong throughout the journey of chemotherapy.
Sometimes we as military families need to ask ourselves that very same question. Especially if we are seeking a faith based journey. Where's our head in all of this?
For me, I yo-yo back and forth between being strong in the Lord and wanting to wilt to the ground in a heap at Jesus' feet. Sometimes my head says I'm being strong and trusting in Him...but my body does crazy things that indicate otherwise! My stomach hurts and churns whenever I eat. I wake up in the night and immediately think of my son and where he is and what he might have to endure there. I cry. My patience isn't as good. I feel "fussy" inside...agitated.
My head is not in alignment with my heart....
I pray. I seek God's Word. I think I'm on the right path in trusting God for His will with my son in this season of serving his country. Then why do I still experience these symptoms?
Because my heart is battling the human nature in me as a mother.




My Christian teachings in my head tell me what to do, but my heart has yet to follow in this particular scenario...and become aligned with one another.
Once that happens, peace replaces fear and worry and anxiety. Once I "let go and let God" there will be less tummy troubles, better rest, and my inner being won't feel in so much turmoil.
Will I go through this entire year in perfect peace? Probably not. I will probably need to pray for peace throughout this entire year. On a daily basis. It will be a walk with Jesus by my side, gently coaxing me to let Him handle the burden, because He is able to handle anything that comes my way. And my son's.







Isaiah 12:2  “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.”

Sometimes I need to pull my head up out of the sand and raise it toward the Son. I need to stay focused on Him and His Words for me. That's where peace will be....and is.
Where are you in all of this? Where's your head? In the sand pit...or high and lifted up, looking at the Son?

Numbers 6:25-26 the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.


LCain

No comments:

Post a Comment