Thursday, November 14, 2013

REASSURANCE....

I had a sweet elderly lady call me last week.
I did not know her, but I do now...
She's a military grandmother who leads a prayer circle for our local military families through her church.
She asked if she could add our son's unit to her list.
Of course!
There's reassurance in knowing that others -many we do not know - are joining us in prayer for our loved ones serving far from home.

She mailed me this poem:

REASSURANCE
Dear Lord, could You spare some Guardian Angels 
To give me peace of mind
As my children wander from me 
And stretch the ties that bind
You have heavenly legions, Father, 
Could You send me just a few
To guard my eager children 
As I give them Lord to You
O thank You, thank You Father 
And oh my glad heart sings
I'm certain that I just now heard
The swish of Angels' wings!



(Image from Support Our Deployed Airmen and Support Our Deployed Troops website)
LCain

No comments:

Post a Comment